The Second International Conference
Interactive Media in the Arab World: Promise and Performance
CONFERENCE DATE AND VENUE
The Department of Mass Communication in the College of Arts at King Saud University hosts its second international conference in the city of Riyadh, between 21-22 February 2017.
- This conference seeks to gain insight into the phenomenon of the emerging interactive digital media and its current and future effects on various aspects of the communication process between the new producer being an influence and being influenced in the new media environement.
- The conference specifically aims at studying the new media environment in the Arab World to learn about the constant and changing media phenomena in this environement, the nature of these changes, the competition between tradition and modernity, and the social, cultural and institutional challenges for interaction among encounters in the communication process.
The theme of the 2nd International Conference is “Interactive Media in the Arab World: Promise and Performance.” The topics of the conference include:
- Interactive media environment
- Technical developments in interactive Media.
- Cultural roles of interactive media platforms.
- Social usage of interactive media.
- Psychological factors influencing users in the interactive media environment.
- Interactive media projects
- Production of media content.
- Nurturing and funding of interactive media content.
- Advertising in interactive media environment.
- The role of interactive media in the practice of Public Relations.
- The gap between traditional and interactive media
- The integration of traditional media and interactive media.
- Professional development of media roles in the interactive media environment.
- Creativity in the development of media messages.
- Career competitiveness in the interactive aspect of the interactive media.
- Interactive media and society
- Interactive media and youth.
- Interactive media and values.
- Education in interactive media.
- Interactive media and family.
- Interactive media challenges
- Interactive media and rumors.
- Interactive media and psychological alienation.
- Interactive media and terrorism.
- Future of media work.
- Interactive media regulations and legislation.
- Please send an abstract of no more than 300 words and attach your CV, a copy of your passport, and your digital photo no later than October 30, 2016.
- Please send your full paper/working paper no later than February 1, 2016.
- Abstracts and papers and all correspondence should be sent to the secretary of the conference Mr. Majed Abdullah aljurawi via e-mail: email@example.com
Manuscript submissions should conform to the guidelines set forth below:
- Submissions should cover one or more of the five key themes within the main topic of the conference.
- Submissions of papers are accepted in either Arabic or English.
- Papers should be approximately 20 pages in length and working papers should be approximately 15 pages in length.
- Papers should not have been previously published or are under consideration by any other organisation.
- Papers should be submitted in MS Word format. Times New Roman, 14-point font size, 1.5 line spacing should be used.
Please download the participation form below, complete it and send it, along with your paper/working paper to: